In this episode of the Plant-Based Canada Podcast we talk with Jessica Scott-Reid. She is an award-winning freelance writer and animal advocate covering animal rights and welfare, plant-based food topics, the environment and vegan culture for the Toronto Star, Globe and Mail, Sentient Media, Planet Friendly News and others. She is also a co-host of Canada's animal law podcast, Paw & Order.
In this episode we discuss:
· Jessica's path to journalism and covering animal welfare topics.
· Her focus on the legal side of things and how to protect animals from a systemic approach.
· The work she's done highlighting laws and policies that are detrimental to animals in Canada.
· The thousands of animals affected by the recent flooding in regions of British Columbia.
· Jessica's advocate work with the Animal Justice Academy.
· The outcome of the COP26 Climate Change Conference.
· The most exciting future plant-based/vegan trends Jessica is following.